Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nothing like OLD FRIENDS


It was really nice having Kimmy (a friend since 7th grade...16 years!) come to visit with her daughter. She left her boys at home and came for a few days. We went to my mom and dad's house with my friend from Hood River (who is Kimmy's cousin and also a 7th grade friend). It was fun to have our kiddos play together. We played games after the kids went to bed, and all the kids did so well.
There is NOTHING like old friends!!! It was a blessing to play cards with Kim while the kiddos slept and talk like we've never been apart. It's nice to spend time with someone who has seen me in all the funky stages of life and still loves me. There are a lot of amazing, godly, women I have befriended in the 5 years we have lived here, but there is something special to have that strong bond with long-time relationships.
It was the perfect time for her to visit because I've been in a little rut lately. I have an eternal perspective and the joy from Christ that does not change based on circumstances, but I have been in a little funk. Maybe I'm just at the stage where I'm getting mom burn-out. Maybe I have just been burning myself out with business this summer. Maybe I just need more time in the Word and get into a good Bible study with a friend...I'm not sure. Anyway, I praise God for the gift of being a Mommy, but a vacation would be nice. It's also hard because 99% of my girlfriends have school-aged kids and live just a bit too far away to make getting together convenient. Blah, blah, blah...this is not a "dear diary"...just pray for me if you think about it. I know Jesus will carry me though this and I will grow in it.

I'll add pics later*****

No comments: