"Long, I am a woman who speaks but one language,
the language of the fall--discontentment and self-condemnation,
the critical eye that is never satisfied."
Ann Voskamp penned those words, but they may as well be my own. In my flesh, the words characterize my natural response to events, the day, this life. I see the A- in a sea of A's. I see the black fleck in a stunning diamond. I see the coming skin cancer on the most beautiful of sunny summer days.
Not anymore, Lord!
Help me to be new. Transformed. Characterized by a heart, mouth and life that exudes praise to You. I long for it. With You it is possible.
So I start today.
Thank you, Lord, for...
*A teacher who knows I want to hear the hard things because I love my son enough to address what needs to be "worked on"
*A friend who calls at just the right time with just the right words
*My girl who ate everything green I fed her today
*A van full of praise music to dance and sing to...together
*Chris' job that is providing in abundance...being able to get a "fill of regular" without a second thought
*Snuggling under beach towels, poolside with a Larry Boy book from the library
*Ziplock bags, warm bread, almond butter...Costco
*Warm showers and smelling clean
*The rhythmic hum of the dryer
*Reading in quiet until the sun no longer provides enough light
*The encouragement of God's word
*The encouragement of others who love Him and encourage me to press on
*The sound of the garage door opening...anticipating my husband's face
*"Old Doggie," a cozy bed and Motrin to comfort a feverish night
2 comments:
I love this post. I was just thinking today that one of the most important things I want to teach my kids is thankfulness. It is the armor we wear against discouragement and striving!!
Love this Amber...so excited for our "time of sharing the gifts" this summer.
Love,
K
Post a Comment