Monday, April 4, 2011

A Real Day








The kids were in the bath and I had to capture "real life" around our house. We are really good at cleaning up in a hurry when people come over (even if that means taking everything in sight and throwing it in the nearest closet or drawer). My friends who always comment how clean our home is "all the time" never believe me when I way it's not (because they have probably never seen it).






Well, here is a peek at our home "normally."

Features include, but are not limited to the following:

*The mail/stuff pile that we can never clean out of our kitchen
*Princesses
*Art work stations "in progress" throughout
*A bed made by Isaac covered in a pile of dogs
*The dental floss and dryer sheets that turn up everywhere
*The boxes from Costco that double as train cars
*The pile of books and hair accessories on the nightstand
*The bed somewhat made...with all the pillows still on the ground (seriously, why do we even have all those pillows anyway)
*The "Master Sitting Room/Den" that has been converted to a mish-mosh of train stuff
*The pile of shoes, sweaters, shopping bags, etc. that end up by the door as we come in
*The Master Bedroom counter...that today features two cups of tea from last night, Abigail's hair bows/clips, toothpaste, toothbrush, Chris' hair trimmers, both of our toiletry bags, a hairbrush, and a wash cloth that the kids use in the bath.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Those are the sights of LIFE! I love it.

Kara Chupp said...

Love this!

Jayme Solomon said...

So true! I have a kitchen pile of mail, etc. that I keep moving from one counter to the other and sometimes to our bedroom if company is coming over.

Lindsay said...

Nice to see ;-) MISS YOU

Kara Chupp said...

Linked to your post this morning :)

Unknown said...

I am came over via Kara's blog. This is a great post and very refreshing! Thanks for keepin it real! Love it!