Lately I have been taking my wife for granted in action. Although when I think of her and all that she does, I am very appreciative. But I often don't express it through my actions. These past couple of weeks I find myself being very selfish. Work has been crazy busy and more responsibilities have been put on my plate. When I get home from work all I want to do is just shut down and on my days off I just want to lay on the floor and sleep. A verse in Mark 10:45, Mark 10:45, "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." If I am called to be like Jesus, why am I being so selfish towards my wife? I need to cherish her regardless of my situation. The only thing that I can do now is ask God for guidance and follow that advice. Below is my prayer to Him.
Lord help me to treat my wife the way your Son treats the church. Guide my tongue to speak sweet words of encouragement. Show me how to best serve her in the day to day challenges. Help me truly listen to her like you hear me. Guide me to lead her and my family in righteousness. Make me a man that devours your Word in my daily life, and show me how to live what I learn from your Word. Amen
1 comment:
Chris-I love you more than words! I know your heart's desire. God will get you there. God will get us there.
xoxo
Your thankful wife
Post a Comment