To set the stage, Amber's dear friend Kimmy (who has been her friend since 7th grade and still lives in California) was celebrating her 30th birthday. Of course I longed to be there but set my desires aside, knowing that Chris' work as a realtor is not what is used to be and that we've been depleting our savings to make up the monthly difference (in addition to the thousands we're spending on our adoption). Anyway, my other dear friends in California, Tiffany and Lindsay, conspired with Kim to fly me out for the party.
On Friday morning, I was babbling on to Chris about how I was going to stay on Skype over the computer just so I could participate at the party. As I was going on and on, he ran upstairs and returned with a itinerary. As I looked it over, I kept saying, "I don't understand....I don't understand." As I wept, I called my friends and thanked them for their love and generosity. I asked, "Isn't this Kim's birthday?" She just told me that she loved me and wanted me to be here. I praise God for the best friends in the world! I also want to thank Grandma DeeDee and Chris who are back at home holding down the fort.
I return tomorrow and look forward to being reunited with my family. I can't wait to kiss and hold all of them. I am refreshed and ready to dive back in to the Mommy role.
2 comments:
Wow! What an awesome surprise!
So awesome. What great friends and a hubby too! In hard times the generosity and sacrifice of others is all that more special.
Can't believe baby girl is 11 months old! She sounds like a genius from your card (talking so much!) ... Tyler is still not talking (or even signing "more" yet despite SO SO SO much trying on our part) but I am hoping some of it is because of his non-stop ear infections and when we can finally get them under control he will be on a language development roll. We are now on round 6 of antibiotics and getting tubes in a week.
Miss you Korny Korens! ~ Jessica
Post a Comment