Friday, November 5, 2010

Getting Out of the House

After a few days of sickness/candy overload (which forced us to be inside with fevers and too many dog movies), we got out of the house. We went for a leaf hunt on scooters. Isaac had a touching moment today that needed to be recognized. When Abigail was scared on a big hill, Isaac dropped his scooter, ran back up to his sister, and slowly pulled her down. Her fears turned into laughter, and she left safe with her big brother there.
I am thankful for my friend, Christina, who is just as(if not more so) spontaneous as I am. I get a call at 2 that she is headed over to the free night at the Children's Museum. By 4 we are there together and having a blast. Every time we go, the kids' interests are a little different. This time Alora was so nurturing at the play vet. She was toting around her dog, bathing it, giving it shots and performing surgery. Isaac was with Elijah, favorites being the trains and the dig pit (at which we had many lessons on sharing and responding well to other children who are screaming very loudly).

The moments I cherished today were Isaac drawing a train on my forehead with steam billowing up into my hair, and seeing Abigail draw on her face so intently looking at herself in the mirror.
I had to take a picture of this bag! When the other three kids were building, my independent girly-girl found a purse. She gingerly walked all around the room picking up building parts. She managed to sift though all the multicolored parts to collect a purse full of "purple treasure."
If you say that you have a girl who likes purple, I bet my girl likes it more than yours! ;)


2 comments:

The Somerville Four said...

You are SUCH a GREAT mommy! Purposeful in all you do. Praise God for Christina and the blessing of sharing life together in Oregon. We can't wait to visit the museum this summer. xoxo!

lifeisgoodinthehood said...

What a sweet brother Isaac is growing into.