Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I love my mom!



So my mom had her 58th birthday (I post her actual age because it is still young) and we went out, just the two of us. While the dads stayed home with the kids, we went out to a restaurant and to the theater. It was so nice just to be together. I have to say how wonderful it is to have a mom that I consider to be my friend.

I was a tough child and teen, but, by God's grace, He changed me and continues to shape me. My mom endured a lot over the years (and my dad too), but it has all paid off in the end. They were faithful parents who loved me and invested in me through thick and thin.

Now, Mom and I are moms together. I love that she is a doting Gramma. I especially love to see her with Abigail because it gives me a little taste of what she was like with me when I was her "little" baby girl. I love being with my mom as two grown women because it excites me for sharing these special moments with my daughter when she is grown.

I am so blessed! WE are so blessed! I love you mom.

1 comment:

The Somerville Four said...

So glad you guys had a good time. What a blessing it is to have a true and tested friendship with your mother!!! I can only hope that I will one day have that kind of closeness with my boys.