Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our First "YURT"

Well, if you don't know what a "yurt" is, this is it. It is a tent that doesn't move, has electricity, bunk beds and is heated. It is an alternative to tent camping (not really needed in the summer, but it probably great during the rest of the seasons in the NW that are too cold to camp).
We shared a yurt with the Springers at Seaquest. It was amazing because all the kids did so much better that we expected (considering that they have never really camped or shared a small space like that with so many people). Isaac's favorite part was, of course, roasting marshmallows (SMORES-minus the chocolate and grams he is allergic to). :) I loved the smell of the pines, the campfire and the crisp morning hike with Christina as we trekked with the babies on our backs (the dads stayed back at camp with the older kids). I had a great time playing Phase Ten with Chris by lantern when everyone else had gone to bed. The one bummer on the trip was that Isaac got his first sting (on his hand in the picture below). We are pretty sure it was a wasp or hornet (which is why we weren't to scared of a major allergic reaction).
I LOVE CAMPING (and hiking)!!! I do wish my hubby loved it as passionately as I do, but I am thankful he loves me enough to tag along and do the things I enjoy. Next summer, it's all tent camping Chris...thanks in advance for the trip I am going to plan for 2010.






5 comments:

lifeisgoodinthehood said...

Silverfalls - 2010
Beverly Beach - 2011
Olympic National Forest - 2012
I only wrote down the next three years of trips; I don't want to get to ahead of myself.

CornyCornKorens said...

Christina, you are awesome!

Henzie5 said...

Oh, how I wish we would have been there with you. Matt and I do have a plan in the works of driving out there with all of the kids either this summer or next. We can't wait to come see all of you. = ) Looks like SO MUCH fun!

TJ & Cheryl said...

Wow, a yurt looks really neat!!

The Somerville Four said...

Something I would LOVE to do in the Santa Barbara mountains. Praise God for family in Oregon!!!