Sunday, August 23, 2009

Isaac's Wife--sweet mom moment

These pics are from when Isaac was a year old or less...but the story below is from last night.



I had one of those mom moments last night while putting Isaac to bed. Chris did the whole bedtime routine and I came in a little later to give him a kiss.

Mom:Isaac, I am coming in to give you a kiss.
Isaac: (With the sweetest smile and eyes) Thanks mom!
Mom: (I head over and lay on his bed so we are both laying on our sides facing one another)
Isaac:Mom, will you sleep with me?
Mom:No honey, I had some snuggle time with you at nap; I want to sleep in bed with Daddy. I miss him and we have a big bed; your bed is too small. But guess what!
Isaac:What?
Mom:When you are big, you can have a wife to sleep with so you won't sleep alone.
Isaac:Wow.
Mom:That reminds me, I don't pray for the wife God has planned for you enough. Should we pray for her?
Isaac:Yes.
Mom:Okay. (We proceed to pray for her to love the Lord Jesus with all her heart that she would be sweet, kind, love others, and remain pure). Isaac, what do you think she will look like?
Isaac:I think she will have black hair...
Mom:Is she going to be pretty?
Isaac:Yes, she will look just like you. (I am not kidding...at that moment, he looked at me with the most adoring eyes I have ever seen and gave me the tightest hug around the neck).
Mom:Thank you honey, you made my night! Do you think she will have a pretty voice?
Isaac:Yes; I think YOU have a pretty voice. (at this point, I am on cloud nine and this kid could have asked me to take him to Disneyland...and I probably would have said yes...thankfully he didn't ask)
Mom:I love you Isaac.
Isaac:I love you too Mommy. Did I make your night?
Mom:Yes, honey, you made my night.

4 comments:

Jayme Solomon said...

That is the sweetest thing... Love it!

Lindsay said...

This is absoutely the sweetest post you've done. Cherish that relationship with your boy- it'll always be such a special one. I love you and your boy.

The Somerville Four said...

SO special, Koren! Liam too has asked me to be his wife and told me I have such "sweet buns." Isaac's love for you comes also from the example Chris sets. His love for you is evident every day in the Korenthal house. I love you.

Arbor Pass said...

Thank you Tiff!

Chris